Top 10 Shopping Sites In India
Well everybody knows some of these or you may know all the sites listed below, still, it might surprise for a few of you. Also, this list may help you find your next shopping sites.
Most of us habitually visit some of the sites for almost every need but there are few sites known for the specific things. So you might love to know them for a quick search, because we do not visit the shopping sites for fun but there is a need behind the action, right.
1. AMAZON – American multinational company, working in India. With millions of customers, Amazon is in the first place. Over 130 million visits to its US-based website. In 2013 they got a website(.IN) for Indian people, similarly, they have country-based sites for few different countries.
Now it has almost everything to sell. Started with bookselling and expended to electronics and now everything is available to purchase. Whether you want a gaming console or personal care product, you can find everything.
2. FLIPKART – It is most popular for online shopping and still leading after amazon. Initially with book sales and then expanded into electronics, home, fashion and lifestyle.
You can consider it the alternative of amazon. Best known for electronics, fashion products and home items.
3. SNAPDEAL – Delhi based eCommerce site, started in 2010. With 3,00,000 sellers and 30 million products, it got third place. Still serving to their customers even after controversies and then lacking funds.
4. PAYTM – An Indian e-commerce payment system based in Noida. Mostly known for the payment system, which makes it very easy to pay.
Insurence, movie booking, train/bus booking and also in product sales. Apart from all payments, PayTM also involve in selling items as other eCommerce sites do. Targeted to smartphone users and pretty much good for mobile wallets and online shopping.
5. EBAY – American multinational corporation, founded in 1995 that facilitates consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer. Unlike other shopping sites, it is an online auction and shopping website in which people and businesses buy and sell a variety of goods and services worldwide.
Auction is not Indians subject, possibly this is the one reason why it falls lower than amazon and others.
6. JABONG – An Indian fashion and lifestyle eCommerce portal founded in 2012. It is best known for clothing for men, women and kids also sell sportswear and home decor.
It is now acquired by Flipkart.
7. MYNTRA – An Indian fashion e-commerce company founded in 2007 to sell personalized gifts items. Mainly operated on B2B model in its initial years. The site allowed customers to personized products as T-shirts, Mugs, Mousepads and others.
Myntra started selling fashion and lifestyle products in the 2011 and moved away from selling personalized products. Now it is acquired by Flipkart.
8. SHOPCLUES – An online marketplace for a variety of products like clothes, electronics, sports and more.
9. PEPPERTFRY – Best known for furniture shopping in India. In 2012, they launched their site. If the other sites do not show you the best furniture, move to pepperfry once as they deal in it.
Shop from our online store in India for Furniture, Home Decor, Lamps, Furnishings, Homeware and more.
10. HOMESHOP18 – Indian online and on-air-shopping channel. Runs by Network 18 Group, a division of Reliance industries.
Sale goes on TV channel as well as they have a website. Main categories are Jewellery, Clothing, Home & Kitchen, Health & Beauty, Footwear and Accessories.